In Microsoft Windows, the Liquid Music package installs the following:
- Liquid Rhythm Standalone
- Liquid Music VST
- Liquid Rhythm VST
- Liquid Music & Liquid Rhythm Max for Live
Please follow the steps below to cleanly uninstall Liquid Music and the components listed above. All directory locations listed below will be accessible using Windows Explorer. Note that default installation paths will be listed below. If you installed to a custom directory, please go to it instead for each step.
- Remove the application and the plugins.
Go to Add or Remove Programs and select Liquid Rhythm from the list of installed Applications
- Remove the WaveDNA/LiquidRhythm folder in Program Files
delete C:\Program Files (x86)\WaveDNA
On Windows XP, Liquid Rhythm maybe installed into this path instead:
delete C:\Program Files\WaveDNA
- Remove the VST Plugin in Program Files.
delete C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\LiquidMusic.dll
delete C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\LiquidRhythm.dll
delete C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\LiquidMusic64.dll
delete C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\LiquidRhythm64.dll
- Remove the Max for Live plugin. Note that this plugin would only be created by the installer if you have an Ableton documents directory.
delete C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Ableton\User Library\Presets\MIDI Effects\Max MIDI Effect\LiquidRhythm.amxd
- Remove user data–including config files, logs, and downloaded content.
Note: Your Liquid Rhythm project files might have saved to this location. Please be sure to back up any of your work before deleting them!
- Remove our standalone MaxMSP preference files. If you have launched the standalone version of the product, this folder would have been automatically created by MaxMSP, which is the application environment we depend on for our audio engine.
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Cycling '74\LiquidLoops Audio Engine Preferences Files
On Windows XP, the folder structure is different, and you will find the folder here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Roaming\Cycling '74\LiquidLoops Audio Engine Preferences Files
On Windows Vista and Windows 8, you will find the folder here:
C:\Users\<username>\Application Data\Roaming\Cycling '74\LiquidLoops Audio Engine Preferences Files
There is also the chance that this folder will be hidden. To show the Application Data folder, follow the instructions on this page.