As of Liquid Rhythm 1.4.0 (and higher), some users have noticed a Mac security issue when attempting to mount the Liquid Rhythm .dmg file. The message reads: Liquid Rhythm is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
This is because of new security features of Gatekeeper. In order to fix it, the following steps are to be followed until we figure out an alternative solution:
1) Open Preferences and go into your Security app.
2) In the General tab, there will be an area at the bottom that will say “Allow applications downloaded from” (see photo below)
3) Click on the lock icon to unlock this area.
4) Click on Anywhere. Click on the lock symbol to lock.
5) Launch Liquid Rhythm and make sure the connection goes through.
6) Go back to preferences and change the setting back to what it was prior and click on the lock.
7) The next time you launch Liquid Rhythm, it should remember that it was launched previously and it should not bring up the “Damaged” dialog box.
More information from Apple regarding Gatekeeper can be found here.
Another option is to install the base application and not installing the plugins via using the plugin installer. Instead run the standalone and install the plugins with the popup window under the Help Menu.